Look at me! I blog!

Friday, December 01, 2006

Nobody Nose

Flashback to kindergarten: 5-year-old Suzy is singing her heart out during the Christmas program at Rolling Meadows. On stage. With her blood pouring out her little nose. In a blur, she is carried off stage by an elderly male teacher, whose name is forgotten. Mrs. Denny holds her thumb tightly while explaining that it is a pressure point. That's where the memory stops.
I was able to relive this wackiness a bit at work yesterdee. Whilst dealing with an angry gent on the telephone I felt a hot trickling out of my nostril. It was cold in the office, so I was used to a running nose but was shocked when my tissue was covered in blood. Gah! How fun it was explaining to the admin assistant "Uh, Lynda? Jennie's going to have to deal with this guy. I just got a bloody nose." Briskly walking through the executive offices with a bloody tissue pressed to one's nose is a humbling experience to be sure. As soon as everyone important was aware of my crisis, it stopped. I went to the bathroom, coughed up some blood (strange, that's never happened before) and the nosebleed was over. Huh. So what caused this thing? I have no idea. Perhaps I'll never know.

5 Comments:

  • Once again Suzy you are such a Victorian!

    Nothing could be worse then when I got a bloody nose at your house last year at the beginning of my pregnancy - puking up mac and cheese and then bleeding out of my nose at the same time. ick.

    By Blogger jez, At 1:42 PM  

  • Gah! Where was I when this happened? Work? I have no memory of this event whatsoever.

    By Blogger Moonery, At 2:07 PM  

  • Poor fragile girl! Of course the indoor change from cooling to heating could have been the culprit! Or were you picking your nose (HAR)? Did you swallow blood back down your throat? I don't like the sound of you coughing up blood.

    I don't like the sound of Nik throwing up mac and cheese either... ick.

    By Blogger Charisee310, At 12:47 PM  

  • Ummm, you should definately call the doctor about the whole "coughing up blood" episode. Nose bleeds=funny
    Coughing up blood=only funny if you're some sort of twisted goth magician.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:48 PM  

  • Ha! No Dr. needed. I'm sure it was just nosebleed related because that hasn't happened since. It was just icky and sort of funny.

    By Blogger Moonery, At 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home