Look at me! I blog!

Monday, July 10, 2006

Ugly Sideburns Make Me Smile

Yesterday whilst singing the opening hymn in Sacrament meeting, a tall lanky fellow with goofy sideburns sat next to me.
"I know you" says he. Says I...nothing, but what I didn't say in words I made up with in blank stare conveying my lack of recognition.
"It's been a really long time." He said. His profile revealed a large, jagged nose which jarred my memory. Oh laws. It was Mr. Q*, the first guy I fell for after my divorce. The same guy who told me who couldn't see me anymore because he didn't want someone who was divorced. How nice it was to look into the eyes of this lanky Larry and see that after all this time, he is the one with the super ugly, trying to hard to be hip sideburns.



*Almost his actual name.

4 Comments:

  • HAR HAR! Sounds like Mr. Lanky Sideburns hasn't even had the CHANCE to be in the runnings to be a future divorcee! hahahahahahahahah! Snarf and barf!

    By Blogger Charisee310, At 4:31 PM  

  • Eeegads! If I could have a penny for every dork in church that was trying to look cool--I would have a lot of money to pay tithe on. Or, better yet--I would have a lot of money to sin better with.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:03 PM  

  • It should be a sin to be lanky.

    By Blogger jez, At 5:18 PM  

  • But then who would we date Nik?

    By Blogger Moonery, At 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home