Look at me! I blog!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Inspiration

As I sit here, my toe tapping in typical ADD fashion, I hope for inspiration. Something to write…anything. Seriously-anything at all! I wait. I tap. Nothing. It dawns on me. I can’t just sit here amidst mind-numbing boredom expecting inspiration to suddenly wash over me like a low pressure shower. I have to catch it myself. Hunt it down, force it to surrender to my needs. This is where I hit a snag. I’ve never caught anything other than illness. Why, even when Grandma insisted on taking me fishing in AZ, she become so agitated with my lack-of-catching that she went on an angry rampage, smashing crawdads with rocks and claiming I was the “Devil’s Child.” Wait, did it really go down like that? Or have I somehow mashed that entire week’s trip into one early morning fishing trip disaster? Someone help me out here. No don’t. I know perfectly well that’s not how I came to be the Devil’s Child. The mark of the beast came was seared upon my blonde head for skipping Sunday school. Yep, that’s one way to tell if your granddaughter is the spawn of the Dark Lord himself. Another way is if she suddenly begins speaking in Latin, despite the fact she’s never had lessons. Head spinning and vomiting is another sign, or she could just be sick of French-fried zucchini. Geeze, I hope that never happens to me. Of course if it did, I would at least have something to blog about other than my lack of inspiration. Happy 6-6-06 everyone!

2 Comments:

  • If my memory serves me correctly I believe it was the fish that I caught (Through the belly) that made the remark about the "Devils Child" and No ONE was responsible for leaving you in the woods after upsetting a wasps nest with a stick. Especially not I. Poor thing - repeatedly stung...

    By Blogger jez, At 4:13 PM  

  • Remember how we were going to run away and live off of ginger snaps, saltines, and peanut butter? What a sound plan.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home