Look at me! I blog!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Simple Pleasures

Going pee after a very long wait,
Getting ready for a special date,

Lumbar support for my office chair,
A baby playing with my hair,

Drinking cool water after a jog,
Crisp mountain air away from city smog,

Eating pizza and watching a flick,
Poking a carcass with a stick,

A brand new Simpsons or an old Brady Bunch,
Meeting my pals for a mid-week lunch,

A phone call from one of my sisters,
New shoes that don’t give me blisters,

A summer storm or a winter heat wave,
Devouring the tacos I always crave,

Writing a goofy poem to pass the time,
Looking down at the ground and finding a dime,

Some of these may seem a bit strange,
But none of them will ever change!

Simple pleasures are what make life great,
So embrace them now before its too late!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home