Look at me! I blog!

Friday, December 15, 2006

A Sliver of Hell

Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating. Little splinters of wood from a poorly sanded desk are quite painful though. I’d expect more from this fine desk I sit at. The thing is covered in fine marble for goodness sake, how is it that the wood was splintering? Picture this- yesterday morning, happy as can be sitting at my desk. Suddenly, as I slide my hand across to reach for something, my tender flesh snags on a rough piece of wood and a sliver is embedded in the pointer finger of my left hand. Zouch! I was able to get a part of it out, but a tiny little piece remains, and is causing redness and irritation. I’m left handed too, so I think I qualify for disability now right?

3 Comments:

  • workman's comp! workman's com!

    By Blogger jez, At 11:14 AM  

  • Slivers are the worst! Office owies should not be taken lightly. A few weeks ago I was brutalized by a paper cut on the webbing between the thumb and fingers. That took forever to heal!

    By Blogger Charisee310, At 3:00 PM  

  • Zouch! Finger webbing is oh-so-sensitive!

    By Blogger Moonery, At 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home