Look at me! I blog!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

It happens to the best of us...

The evening started out great. I looked fabulous in my 80s glam outfit. Dinner was most enjoyable consisting of beer-battered french fries, a chicken parmesan panini and nachos delux at the Monte Carlo Brew Pub. Conversation was even tastier than the food, as my wonderful friends Bryton, Scott, Andy and his wife Cherie were my dining companions. It was the perfect evening. That is, until we went our separate ways. It was nearly 10:00 p.m. and I had other visitors waiting for me downtown. I hurried to my car and set out on one of the longest journeys of my life. The simplest way to get down town is to take the strip, so I set out. Now, New Years Weekend is not a pretty sight. Though it was only December 30th, Las Vegas was a packed city. I found myself stuck in traffic and my bladder was starting to ache. Oh why hadn't I relieved myself before embarking on this drive? No worries, thought I. I'll find a back way that should zip me downtown in no time!
Well, 45 minutes later I was lost. Not just mixed up. Completely screwed-up-in-the sketchiest part of town-lost. We're talking D Street and Martin Luther King Blvd. Not a Wendy's or Chevron in site. Nothing but dingy apartment complexes, empty warehouses and skulking figures moving about the shadows. I did what any girl in my situation would have done. Peed my pants. Yesiree I full on peed my pants. We're not talking a tiny leak, but what some worry may happen to Hoover Dam one of these days. What a good thing it was that I had consumed more than 4 glasses of water and 2 diet cokes so that my urine was clean and oderless. I know what you're thinking. Gross right? What's my problem? Well, I'll tell you. I had two options. Pull over and attempt a public urination on the side of the road, and in the process end up mugged/raped/ticked by the cops and still probably end up peeing my pants. or I could just go in the comfort and safety of my own car. I chose that latter and because of that, I am safe and alive today with no criminal record of any kind. Of course, I did have to drive all the way home in a puddle of my own pee, change my clothes and have a quick spongebath before going out to the nights festivities. And now I've got another Silly Suzy story to tell. I'd be ashamed if this were the 11th time this had happened, but its not and hey, it could happen to anyone at any time.
Even YOU!

4 Comments:

  • Ummm...did happen to me and I REGRET NOTHING!

    By Blogger jez, At 4:01 PM  

  • YES!!! I can now call you my sister. Hooray for peeing our pants! Michi, Charise...join us. Its bliss.

    By Blogger Moonery, At 4:02 PM  

  • I don't recall peeing myself as an adult. However, (long pause) when I went to Mexico as an early teen with Aunt Rosa, Uncle Steve, their family and Grandma, I had an incident. I had been very good about not drinking the water but made the mistake of plucking out chunks of ice from the ice chest during a long road trip to the pyramids. I didn't enjoy the pyramids like everyone else. I spent 20 minutes in the bathroom waiting for someone to come save me..... ie, bring me something to wrap around my waist to conceal the fact that I "shat" myself in my cute little white capris. I know that might not be in the same league as peeing yourself but can I still be in the club?

    By Blogger Charisee310, At 4:27 PM  

  • Zoinks! Welcome to the club my soiled sister!

    By Blogger Moonery, At 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home