Look at me! I blog!

Friday, April 20, 2007

Here's Looking at You


An internet friend (nerd alert, I know) recently introduced me to a fun internet radio station. http://www.tropicalglen.com/ lets you click on a year and it plays the top 100 hits of that year. Currently, I’m listening to 1982. The number one song of 1982, at least according to this list is “Key Largo” by Bertie Higgins. A sickly sweet ballad of love and loss, “Key Largo” compares the love story of the singer to Lauren Bacall and Humphrey Bogart’s in the movie by the same title. Now, anyone who has seen the movie “Key Largo” knows it wasn’t a love story at all, but a mobster-adventure movie. A weak one at that. I have to wonder if Bertie Higgins even saw the movie “Key Largo” for he quotes the line in his song “here’s looking at you,” which isn’t even from that movie! We all know its from “Casablanca” which starred the lovely Ingrid Bergman opposite Humphrey Bogart. What a love triangle! Well, what do I know anyway? After all, I was only 1 year old when this song came out.

1 Comments:

  • Which proves the fact that most songwriters are hopeless drunks.

    By Blogger jez, At 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home