Look at me! I blog!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Since Everbody's Doing It...

By jove, I’m going to rejuvenate my blog too! But where to begin with such a large job? When my room is overwhelmingly messy, I start with the least messy section of room and start there…can that strategy be applied to blogging? Nope. So I need a new plan of action.

Action. Now there’s a word that doesn’t apply to me. I’m less of a doer and more of a…non…doer. I’d prefer to snuggle up in some cozy spot (in my overwhelmingly messy room) and dream about action, doing something. But I digress…

I just read Chariseee’s cheese-sameech blog and its got me thinking. Am I cruel? When and how did I become so calloused because the whole time I read about that, I pictured sitting the chubby brats down (In my mind they’re chubby, with cheeks so plump their eyes are squished in an upward slant) and showing them the documentary “Darfur Diaries: Letters from Home” specifically the part when the little children tell of watching their parents get slaughtered right before there very eyes. Maybe the footage of two young girls, one of them exiled from her community after being raped by Janjaweed soldiers and bitten on the arm to stamp her as their property. The older sister sacrificed herself to the Janaweed rape to save her younger sister while they were out gathering firewood. I bet that cheese sandwich would look pretty good after that right? Especially because I didn’t give them anything to eat before showing them the movie and we all know American kids can’t go more than 12 minutes with a snack. Neigh, a tasty snack.

Which brings me to another topic. My snacking habits. Are. Out. Of. Control. I need help. I wish someone would put me on a bland-cheese sameech only diet so I could get a handle on things. As I sit, the chub on my thighs is cutting off the circulation in my legs. Seriously. Must do something. Must exercise. Must not eat fast food. Must take action! Uh-oh. There’s that word again…action. I must learn how not to fear this word nor its meaning. And I’ll start by doing something-by rejuvenating my blog!

It begins…

2 Comments:

  • Suzy.

    Suzy, Suzy, Suzy, Suzy, Suzy, Suzy, Suzy.

    I'm so fat I want to get lipo right now--and get this, I don't have the option of dieting or rigorous exercise! Argh!

    Two more months, two more months...that's my mantra.

    ps. I like your idea about showing those chubby American kids the Darfur documentary. That'll learn 'em.

    By Blogger Charisee310, At 11:22 AM  

  • Oh that just gave me a ha-hizzah, most kids could use a good dose of reality - but then we would have to deal with their night terrors (shudder).

    By Blogger jez, At 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home