Look at me! I blog!

Thursday, March 30, 2006

A Glimpse...

Whilst out on my morning constitutional today, I observed a homeless woman. Her stooped figure was layered in filthy clothes and she had formed a makeshift bonnet out of pieces of tattered garbage bag. Pushing her cart full of mysterious belongings, she hypnotized me with her methodically slow movements. Each step was so slow, they were barely noticeable…not unlike a sloth. Why did she walk so slowly? Was she in pain? Perhaps she was lost. I think I know why she walked as slow as she did…she was in no hurry for she had nowhere to go. I on the other hand, took a quick glance at my watch and realized I had better hurry, for I had to be to work by 8 a.m, it was nearly 7, and I had yet to shower.

3 Comments:

  • Did she have a bundle of sticks on her back???

    DID SHE???

    By Blogger jez, At 7:46 PM  

  • No, but she had many suprises in her grocery cart. Oh, what I wouldn't give to paw through her belongings! With latex gloves on, of course.

    By Blogger Moonery, At 8:07 PM  

  • I'd like to steal her bonnett. It sounds so chic.

    By Blogger jez, At 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home