Look at me! I blog!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Shoes

That’s it. I’m smitten and there’s no turning back. How do I know I’ve crossed the line from simple interest to full on infatuation? The shoes told me. Now, your eyes may be bulging and you are more than likely thinking to yourself “Great. Looks like we need to lock Suzy in the rubber room, with rats, rubber rats, I hate rubber rats, they make me crazy!” Worrying for me so is in vain, for I have not, as they say “lost it.” I didn’t literally mean a pair of shoes conversed with me and told me how smitten I was. As a rule, I do not communicate with lifeless, inanimate objects. Besides being strange, it is a fruitless pastime, as they rarely communicate back. And when they do…LOOK OUT!
Anyway, what I am getting at is Daryn left for Salt Lake yesterday. Last night I was getting ready to climb into my snuggly bed when I saw something on the floor by my couch. It was a pair of enormous black men’s dress shoes. Normally, men’s shoes don’t have much of an effect on me unless they are Converse All-stars…but when I saw Daryn’s shoes I went “Awwwwwwww.” Literally, I awwwed over a pair of men’s shoes. Don’t worry, the miniswoon stopped there. I didn’t kiss them, put them on and do a tap dance, or sleep with them. In fact, I didn’t even touch them. After all, they are just shoes. But I can’t guarantee that I won’t awww over them again….

6 Comments:

  • You failed to explain why the shoes were there in the first place. You naughty girl!

    By Blogger jez, At 3:07 PM  

  • omg--bob, you can be so funny sometimes!

    Where was the humor this morning? Huh? Huh?


    ps. what brand of shoes?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:09 PM  

  • Har!!!!! All of you, HAR!!! Redondobob, maybe I can fedex your shoes to you?

    By Blogger Moonery, At 3:10 PM  

  • First... let's be reasonable... exactly what size of shoes did he leave? Ahem... just kidding... I am given leave of mental absence in that I am in the midst of a Kenny Loggins concert and can't be expected to be rational... or healthy in the least.... ok, as Charise asked ... "what kind of shoes?"... please say expensive.... and of a size 13 or more..........

    By Blogger Charisee310, At 11:37 PM  

  • WHAT ARE MEN'S SHOES DOING IN MY BABY SISTER'S ROOM? WHERE IS MY SUPPOSEDLY VIGILANT BROTHER? ALL IS LOST!!! ALL IS LOST!!! OMG!!! KENNY IS DOING ANOTHER ENCORE!!!

    By Blogger Charisee310, At 11:39 PM  

  • Ha ha ha, you guys are so funny!

    By Blogger Moonery, At 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home