Look at me! I blog!

Friday, July 21, 2006

Why I'll Never Break the Word of Wisdom

Fighting this cold has been a harrowing experience as always, and yet I haven't hated it because whenever I get sick, I'm able to partake of the sweet, sweet, sleepy green pills called "Nyquil." Oh how I love the heavy, wooden feeling in my limbs as the drug takes hold and forces me into a deep, soft slumber. I love laying on the couch, savoring that feeling for minutes at a time watching TV that just seems to be white noise, muffled by the wonderful mask of restfulness.

It's almost hard to know the cold will be leaving me soon, and I'll be forced to sleep naturally without the cozy feeling of Nyquil to tuck me in and kiss me goodnight. Instead of cozily crashing at 7:30 pm, I'll stay up until 9:30 or even 10pm!

I'll buy another box, but I shan't touch it. I'll just think about it...dream about it...wonder about it...until the next cold.

5 Comments:

  • Riiiiiiiight. Who needs alchohol, tobacco, or coffee when you can get ripped on Nyquil?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:34 PM  

  • Yup.
    Actually, my point was that I knew the effect Nyquil had on me, so it would be pretty stupid of me to go dabbling w/ drugs and alcohol and whatnot. Know your limitations is all I'm sayen'.

    By Blogger Moonery, At 1:43 PM  

  • All I can say is I think the Hansons as a rule have trouble going down at night. I love it when I am completely exhausted and just snuggle in, roll over and drift off. And that is a RARE occurrence!
    But maybe I just need Suzy to describe the "heavy wooden" feeling etc. and lull me into the arms of Morpheus via hypnosis.....

    By Blogger Charisee310, At 8:47 AM  

  • Just wait until you experience the true horror that is the expecting mother insomnia.

    It consists of bleary bathroom breaks on the hour...

    By Blogger jez, At 2:53 PM  

  • Oh Nichole, that sounds wretched. I hate when my bladder wakes me up!

    By Blogger Moonery, At 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home