Look at me! I blog!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Behold! My Sandwich...



Oh majestic sandwich. How I wish I were still consuming thee...I made you in the Employee Dining Room and you turned out better than I dared in my little heart to dream. Betwixt two slices of fresh rye bread spread with mayo and spicy mustard, I placed hot, juicy pieces of corned beef. Atop the tasty meat was crisp lettuce, shredded to perfection and two ripe slices of tomato. French fries and the tiniest drizzle of Thousand Island dressing completed thee, dear sandwich. Afterwhich I consumed thee...consumed thee till all that was left was your memory and the lingering smell of fried potatoes. Gone but not forgotten, your image will haunt me in the night when midnight cravings crowd my dreams of sandwich bliss. Whenever I hear the words "sandwich" or "bocadillo" I'll think of thee, helpless on my cold white plate. I remember the way you felt, pressed between my teeth as I chewed...the burning in my stomach as you filled the empty void. Thou wast so vulnerable to my carnal desires...I devoured you, and now you are no more.

6 Comments:

  • Dangit Suzanne!

    You were supposed to send something like this blog to my postsecretrecipe blog.

    Hilarious, by the way...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:58 PM  

  • For some reason, postsecret wouldn't let me join. Send me another invitation peas.

    And surely you don't mean "hilarious." You mean "delicious."

    By Blogger Moonery, At 1:07 PM  

  • I am concerned..... Nikki should be the one eating that sandwich!!! Are you infected with seamonkey disease? TELL US THE TRUTH!

    By Blogger Charisee310, At 2:13 PM  

  • I am concerned..... Nikki should be the one eating that sandwich!!! Are you infected with seamonkey disease? TELL US THE TRUTH!

    By Blogger Charisee310, At 2:13 PM  

  • I agree with Michi - I was totally nodding my head the whole way through this description and had to clench my teeth to keep from yelling out "YES! YES!! YEEEEESSSSS!!!!

    Now where the hell can I get some corned beef???

    By Blogger jez, At 4:41 PM  

  • It was actually inspired by the photo of a Pittsburg sandwich I saw online. I tried to recreate it, only a was missing a few key elements. The Pittsburg is not made with lettuce, but with coleslaw. And it's typically served hot off the grill. Mine was not quite as hot. But it was oh-so-good.

    By Blogger Moonery, At 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home