Look at me! I blog!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Guess What I Scored?????



An official Siegfried and Roy 2006 Calendar !!! Can you believe my boss was just going to toss it away?
I tell ya, I’m blessed. Truly, truly blessed.
In other news (though not nearly as exciting as my new calendar) Brent’s leg is healing nicely and he is now able to move about with crutches! His doctors have even removed the stitches from where his bone broke through the skin. I saw said stitches, and they looked awful, so the removal of them is a very positive thing. He may even be able to drive to his family Christmas party this weekend. He’s taking me with him again this year, due to our victory in the cookie decorating contest last year. Yessir, I still have me some mad decorating skillz from my Kencraft Days. Charise, do you ever miss that job? I know I do. If I could earn, say 40-50 grand a year doing that, I would be dangerously content to work there for the rest of my life. It’s semi-artistic (what, making kitty faces out of icing isn’t art?), doesn’t involve customer service at all, and we were free to listen to music or books on headphones all day long. I remember my old routine. Chunga and Mister from 7-10, Rush Limbaugh from 10-1, Dr. Laura until 1:20 when I left for the day. When I became bored with those, there were plenty of books on tape circulating the department. I read (and by read I mean “listened to”) many exciting whodunits, as well as some pretty racy love stories that had me blushing in my britches. Somehow I managed to skip all those horrible Anita Stanfield novels-how did that happen? I don’t know. I’m just blessed. Truly, truly blessed.

5 Comments:

  • Can I have your Calander?

    I scored a calander called "Monkey Business" from Universal Grinding Company.

    I am currently staring at a monkey feeding a Shetlan Poney a Carrot. He's wearing overalls.

    It's disgustingly cute.

    By Blogger jez, At 11:52 AM  

  • I love monkeys sooo much! And what, dare I ask, is the Universal Grinding company?

    By Blogger Moonery, At 12:55 PM  

  • You know what I love? How Nichole totally slaughtered the spelling of "calendar."

    If I could get paid 30 grand a year, I would make kitty faces out of icing. That's a bargain!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:33 PM  

  • You're right-I'd even settle for 30 grand a year if all it meant was working at the delightful corporation of Kencraft.

    By Blogger Moonery, At 9:26 AM  

  • FYI I was spelling CALANDAR phonetically - and I probably slaughter PFHOSNECTICALLYE TOO.

    By Blogger jez, At 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home