Look at me! I blog!

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Always the LAST to know!

Last night I went to a birthday party Kallen was throwing for our friend LaVonne. Lavonne is a guy who I keep calling LaVern on accident, no matter how many times we hang out. It drives him nuts, but he is a good sport about it. I had called Brent earlier to see if he wanted to drive over together, but he never called me back. I didn’t think much of it at the time, but then as we were all seated at dinner my friend Krishelle asked “Suzy, have you gone to visit Brent yet?” Stupidly I replied “Visit him where?” “What? Didn’t anyone tell you? Brent was in a really bad motorcycle accident and he’s in the hospital.” Horrified at my lack of information regarding one of my best friends in the world, I realized just how selfish I’ve been the past few weeks. Everything has been about me, me, me and that is a horrible way to live. Starting here and now I vow to put “Number One” on the back burner, maybe even consider “Number One” as “Number Two,” or even “Number Three.” What a concept!! I did talk to Brent though. He was conscious, though heavily drugged and we had a nice chat. I think he’s going to pull through. He is even considering giving up motorcycles for good.
So how do I begin my new quest of unselfishness? Do I start by signing up to participate in the Cake Walk for Obesity, or Hiking for Hemorrhoids? There are so many great charities to choose from, and this is the time of year to do it. But where do I start?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home