Look at me! I blog!

Friday, January 27, 2006

This could be a good thing...but it probably isn.t





My car is dying. Bless it’s little Japanese-Honda heart, it starts for me every morning and runs like a dream, but I’ve put nearly 141,000 miles on it (yes, I do love a good road trip) the check engine light has been on and the mechanics don’t know why, and now the CD player doesn’t work! Horrible! I put in a CD and all I get is static. Fortunately the radio still works, but unfortunately Las Vegas was never know for it’s good radio stations. There is a brand new station I find somewhat acceptable, though it still plays its fair share of Nickelback and Lincoln Park-two of the worst bands of all time. My frustration has turned me to the classical music station, just to get away from hearing the same tripe played over and over. Classical music has turned out to be a real treat. Some pieces I recognize, some are completely new experiences to me. I haven’t heard anything displeasing to me in the least…still, I think I’ll keep my eyes open for a new car.

4 Comments:

  • Just don't jump into anything - you might end up in a Suburu with a flashing oil light that needs all-new tires and has no air conditioning, no cd-player, and a crack in the power steer which all together is worth more in repairs than my life - or what it would take to buy me...I'm cheap right now.

    By Blogger jez, At 4:25 PM  

  • Only one car could be as cool as you Suzy....


    COOPER!!!!!

    By Blogger Charisee310, At 8:29 AM  

  • A Cooper, eh? That would be cute.
    I've given this a lot of thought though...I'm keeping my Honda. I love it, and just found a really great, honest, affordable mechanic. I'll hang on it it for another year or two. I just hate the idea of wiping out my entire savings account on buying a car.

    By Blogger Moonery, At 9:25 AM  

  • Smart Idea Suzy, And just remember, no car could be as bad as that Jeep Michi had (aka "the beast")

    By Blogger jez, At 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home