Look at me! I blog!

Monday, November 14, 2005

How do you live with a significant other?

Ok sistahs....
I have no experience in this category. And although I can act nonchalant about it.... the thought of living with Dino has elements of dread to it.

When you live with a family member.... they grew up with you... you developed your strengths and flaws together... slowly... over time. They accept you just the way you are... they don't know any other you!

They also.... having spent a lifetime with you.... are not adverse to you taking a little time to yourself. Ahhhh alone time.

How do you get alone time when you live with a "lover"/"husband"/"boyfriend" ?

When do you find the occasion to put on a facial mask... pop in a chick flick... pour a glass of wine... devour a pint of Ben&Jerry's... and do your nails.... without interruption or feeling ridiculous or guiltily selfish. How do you get dressed in the morning without your favorite "Get Going" CD? How do you explain that you want a hot bubble bath with a sexy cd, wine, chocolates and oysters.... ALONE.

These are some of my fears.
HELP ME!!!




4 Comments:

  • LOL!!!! Oh Suzy!!!! I am sorry! It was an accident!
    And just yesterday I was reading your post on Nikki's site! I was thinking "how did she post on Nik's site? I didn't know you could DO that!"

    And now I just did it to you!

    By Blogger Charisee310, At 3:30 PM  

  • Michele, I'm still trying to figure that one out.

    When I want to be alone I threaten to divorce my husband, as desperate as that may sound. It doesn't work, he just gets more attached. :)

    I think sometimes you just have to pretend they're not around--of course, you should explain to them beforehand that you're going to be ignoring them and pretending like you're alone for X amount of hours, just so they don't think you're a crazy beeyotch.

    Also, you can always make plans with your sisters for a weekend in Palm Springs. Since we're all so similar (yet so different), it's sortof like only being with yourself--or, something like that.

    We need Palm Springs!!!!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:38 PM  

  • OH NO!!!! Everone is going to think I AM going to move in with Dino!!! What will people say!!

    By Blogger Moonery, At 9:25 AM  

  • Ha! Let me just prepare you for it Michi - it's not the same as a vacation, that is for sure....

    Wonder why none of your sisters made it past two years in a marriage??? It was called a low tolerance to having a monkey on your back. ha!

    By Blogger jez, At 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home