Look at me! I blog!

Monday, November 14, 2005

Can I have your baby?

Okay, upon reading that title I realize there must be a better way to have said that. What I mean was at the barbeque I went to Saturday night, my long lost friends Linda and Ryan showed up and brought their chubby baby Lincoln. Funny thing is he is 8 months old now, and this is the first time any of us at the party had seen him. He was the secret baby we didn’t believe really existed. But he does exist and he is the cutest, roundest, happiest little squirt. I love babies that I can make laugh, and all it took was my human kazoo noises and Lincoln was giggling to the point of excessive drooling. Awww, now that is the type of appreciation any performer could ever ask for. Of course, babies go to bed early, and the evening was wrapped up by 8 o’clock. From there, I proceeded to yet another party. This one was a bonfire type thing, and upon my arrival I realized showing up was a mistake. Picture this-20 or so frisky young men jumping around to hip hop while a mere 3 or 4 girls huddle about in Old Navy sweatshirts, flirting madly with anyone and everyone. I’m proud of myself though-I stuck it out for a good hour or so before rolling my eyes and saying “See ya!” Usually I only last 5 minutes. I did get to see Jeff and Van, which is a plus. The two coolest guys with very obscure lifestyles so it is hard to see them. Jeff is sort of like the sasquatch. You catch rare glimpses of him, and it is always exciting. I haven’t seen him since he tried to take me on a date the night I found out Mary’s mom died. It was our first and last date, because for obvious reasons I was no fun whatsoever. Van on the other hand, is not like the sasquatch. Glimpses of him are rare, but not exciting. Just fun and comfortable. Like catching a glimpse of your old Beehive teacher or something. I wonder what Sister Comer is up to these days? She was so cool.

2 Comments:

  • I can't believe you left out the part where Gena betrayed you and left you to drive on your own. For shame Gena - FOR SHAME!!!

    By Blogger jez, At 1:37 PM  

  • Oh ya...that was funny. Darn her and her ultra dependancy on male justification!!! HAR!! Is this the end of Suzy and Gena???

    By Blogger Moonery, At 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home