Look at me! I blog!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

On the Subject of Rain

Charise talked about the California storms, and I want in on that action too. Not the California storms though, that would just be silly as I am not in California at the moment. I am however in Las Vegas, which has been experiencing some incredible acts of nature for the past two days. Last night as I got out of class, I felt lighter than air. Largely, it was because we watched this horrendously typical movie in Astronomy that had me laughing out loud and without shame through its duration. It was so wonderful, I wish I could get a copy of it. Grainy in appearance, this film was narrated by none other than Captain Jean Luke Pikkard. My apologies to trekkis everywhere for botching the spelling of your beloved Enterprise captain’s name. I could have sworn the film came out in the early 80s at best, but I found out it was more like 2001. This knowledge did not take away from the campy nature of the flick and I was all smiles by the time class got out. My cheery mood was heightened by the lovely damp smell of rain on pavement, and the spectacular light show in the sky. I wanted to throw my head back and let the rain pour all over me while I twirled and twirled in it. Instead, I drove home as carefully as I could and viewed the storm safely from my balcony. It was nice, I really had time to think. Rolling so many thoughts around in my head brought me to this conclusion-I need to invest in an umbrella. Oh, ya and life is good. Great!

2 Comments:

  • I'm envious - I've only got the overcast part of the storm right now - bring on the spooky lightning...

    By Blogger jez, At 4:23 PM  

  • Umbrellas are overrated. Now those plastic poncho things...those are an investment with HUGE return!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home