Look at me! I blog!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Brotherly Lizzove

Here is a little story of why Kurt is an amazing brother. Last week, the check engine light on my Honda popped on. Arrrrghhh, I hate it when that happens. Well, I learned a little trick from a shifty mechanic. If you want to avoid a pricey diagnostic, simply disconnect and then reconnect your battery. If nothing is wrong, the light will go off. If the light remains…well, better spring for the diagnostic. So anyhooizzle, yesterday I asked Kurt if he can disconnect and reconnect my battery for me. Of course he said “No problem” and last night after class I went over to his house. When I pulled up he was outside waiting for me with his tools. He worked quickly and then asked me to start my car to see if it had worked. Success! The check engine light was no longer lit.
I gave him the thumbs up sign and said “Thank you so much!”
He then said “I have to get over to the hospital, but Elizabeth and Austin are inside if you want to keep them company.”
“Why are you going to the hospital?” I asked. “Is someone sick?”
“No,” he replied. “I was working on something before you got here and I accidentally sliced my leg open.”
WHAAAAA????? He then lifted up his shorts and showed my the deep, bloody gash above his knee. Can you believe he fixed my car all the while oozing from a deep and serious wound? Oh, I felt so guilty. He then hopped in the car and went to the hospital refusing to let me accompany him. So this is a story I want to shout from the roof tops. He didn’t have to do that, he really shouldn’t have done it, but he did anyway. Because he is just that amazing.

3 Comments:

  • Awwwww! We have the BEST brothers in the world!

    I still owe Kurt 500.00 from the time he helped me buy my first car. What a brother...

    Kurt, I swear I'm going to pay you back--if you ever need a kidney or a piece of a liver, or something like that, I'm you're girl!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:39 PM  

  • He is the greatest! What a trooper...that totally melts my heart.

    By Blogger jez, At 3:22 PM  

  • I know, I know! Tell everyone you know what a giant of a person he is!!

    By Blogger Moonery, At 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home