Look at me! I blog!

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Take Me Out!

Franz Ferdinand? They are only the coolest thing to come out of Scotland since kilts, baby. I bought my ticket nearly 2 months ago and have been keeping it in a snug, safe place in my bedroom, eagerly ticking away the days to the blessed night when I would see my beloved band play live. Tonight’s the night and I’m thrilled. But I’m also slightly riddled by anxiety-since this will be the first concert I ever go to…ALONE. Alooooone. Las Vegas, being somewhat musically isolated is very much lacking in Franz Ferdinand fans, and I wasn’t about to miss my charming Scots because I couldn’t find anyone with good enough taste to snag a ticket. Besides, going as a lone reed, an island, a towering fortress of one should be empowering and enlightening. Right? Right? Shoot, maybe it isn’t too late for me to buy another ticket and bribe one of my friends to go. The conversation would be a little something like this.
Suzy: Say, how would you like to join me for an evening of spectacular music guaranteed to make you dance?

Friend: Wow, that sounds swell. Who’s the act?

Suzy: Franz Ferdinand!

Friend: Franz Whaaaa??? You talken’ crazy.

Actually, it should be noted I do have friends with similar musical interests. Gena who lives in Logan doesn’t do me any good tonight, and the Useless Vine-he won’t go anywhere without Gena. So that’s that. I’m on my own. We’ll see what happens.

3 Comments:

  • in the immortal words of Franz...

    "Take me out!"

    I wish I could be so spontaneous as to road trip it there...alas, I am a bearer of offspring that needs a'carin' for.

    Please call my cell phone and leave me a musical message.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:57 PM  

  • Oooh, I will! I'll keep the cell phone call tradition alive and well.
    Oh-just found out my friend Bonnie's going to be there! Hooray!

    By Blogger Moonery, At 3:23 PM  

  • Thanks for the ring-a-ding-ding...made my night. Wish I could be as daring as you and go by me-self. Har - maybe I will try that soon.

    By Blogger jez, At 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home